- Download freetype2 source rpm from http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/src/ - it might be a newer version by the time you come to download this.
- Download freetype-2.3.3.tar.bz2 and freetype-doc-2.3.3.tar.bz2 from freetype.org.
- Download freetype2.spec if your government will let you.
- Install the source rpm: sudo rpm -ivh freetype2-2.3.1-7.src.rpm
- Put the tar.bz2 files in /usr/src/packages/SOURCES
- Put the spec file in /usr/src/packages/SPECS
- Build the rpm: rpmbuild /usr/src/packages/SPECS/freetype2.spec
- The built rpms will be in /usr/src/packages/RPMS/i586
Sunday, April 08, 2007
How To Build A New Freetype
I've had several requests for my RPM for freetype2 including sub-pixel rendering for openSUSE 10.2. So here are instructions on how to build your own, including my modified SPEC file. If you're in the USA it might be illegal to download my file, so this file is only for people who live in free countries. Or at least semi-free countries, like the UK.